Semaglutid (GLP-1) (2 mg)
Semaglutide 2 mg is an innovative medicine that helps control both diabetes and weight loss. By increasing insulin production and reducing appetite, medicines like Ozempic (Semaglutide) provide a dual effect to improve the health of people with obesity and diabetes. Its long-lasting effect reduces the risk of high blood sugar levels and promotes weight loss in a safe and effective way.
The kit includes:
- 2 mg Semaglutid
- 1 pc water 5ml
- 1 suction needle
- 5 injection needles
Advantages of Semaglutide
- Improves diabetes control and promotes weight loss
- Long-lasting effect and convenient dosage
- Double-acting health improvement
- Safe and effective choice for people with diabetes
29 in stock
What is Semaglutide?
Semaglutide is a prescription medicine that belongs to the group 'GLP-1 receptor agonists'. It is used, among other things, to treat obesity by helping patients to reduce their appetite and thereby lose weight. GLP-1 is a hormone produced naturally by the body and is responsible for regulating appetite and digestion. It works by increasing the feeling of fullness and reducing appetite.
Semaglutide is also approved to treat type 2 diabetes, but there is now a new higher dosage option, approved by the FDA for use in conjunction with strict exercise and calorie intake. There are also studies investigating the possibility of using Semaglutide to treat other diseases and conditions, such as obesity and prediabetes.
Why does Semaglutide make you lose weight?
Semaglutide is a GLP-1 receptor agonist, which means that it mimics the hormone GLP-1 that is naturally produced in the body. GLP-1 is responsible for regulating appetite and digestion in the body. When GLP-1 comes into contact with its receptor in the brain, it sends signals that increase feelings of fullness and reduce appetite.
Semaglutide works by binding to the same receptor and promoting these signals. This helps to increase feelings of fullness and reduce food cravings, leading to a reduction in calorie intake and therefore weight loss. Furthermore, Semaglutide has also been shown to have an effect on regulating blood sugar levels and reducing insulin levels in people with type 2 diabetes. This may be a contributing factor to weight loss as high blood sugar levels and insulin can lead to fat storage.
It should be noted that the effect of Semaglutide for weight loss is not directly by burning fat, but rather by reducing appetite and thus reducing the intake of calories. It is therefore still important to combine the drug with a healthy diet and physical activity to achieve the best results.
How to use the injection fluid
Instructions for use: Semaglutide should be injected once a week, on the same day and around the same time each week. The injection is usually given in the stomach, thigh or upper arm. Carefully follow the doctor's or nurse's instructions for injection technique and site. It is importantto not change location from week to week, except for areas where the skin is sore or irritated. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible, but skip it if the next dose is less than 3 days away.
Precautionary measures: Before you start taking Semaglutide, find out if you are allergic to any of the ingredients or have any other allergies. Also check if you have any other medical conditions, including liver disease, kidney disease, or have had pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas). If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your doctor before taking Semaglutide, as it is not known whether the medicine can harm the fetus or be passed on through breast milk.
Side effects: There are some side effects that may occur when using Semaglutide. The most common side effects include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation and headache. If you experience any discomfort or symptoms that you are unsure of, contact your doctor immediately for advice. It is also important to report any side effects to your doctor or pharmacist for future reference..
How to prepare the injection
1. Open the pack and remove one vial of semaglutide.
2. Take the syringe and draw up 2 ml of water by pushing the syringe into the vial of water provided.
3. Do not shake the vial to mix the contents, let it mix itself.
4. Now the dosage is 0.25 mg of semaglutide.
- Draw 0.1 ml into the syringe by pushing out the air and lowering the tip into the vial. Then draw up 0.1 ml of liquid to mark 10 on the syringe.
5. To obtain a 0.5 mg dose, draw up 0.2 ml of liquid to mark 20 on the syringe instead.
6. Continue in the same way if you need other doses, with each step in the list corresponding to an additional 0.1 ml of liquid.
7. When you have finished dosing, be sure to handle and store the syringes safely as instructed by your healthcare professional.
Important: Store Semaglutide in the refrigerator after it has been mixed with water.
How to inject Semaglutide
Semaglutide is taken as an injection once a week. It is important to do this carefully and safely. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to inject Semaglutide.
- Wash your hands: Before handling any kind of injection, it is important to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and hand sanitizer to prevent possible infection.
- Prepare the injection site: Choose a site on the stomach, hip or upper arm to inject Semaglutide. The area where you will inject should be at least 5 cm away from the navel and other injections.
- Disinfect the injection site: Use a cotton ball dipped in alcohol to clean the injection area. Allow the skin to dry completely before injecting.
- Check the fluid: Semaglutide should be clear and colorless.
- Inject: Place the syringe at the injection site and push the needle in at a 45 degree angle. Then press the plunger to inject Semaglutide. Hold the syringe for 6 seconds to make sure the entire dose is injected.
- Remove the needle: Pull the needle out of the skin and then release the plunger. Check the injection site for any bleeding or drops. If there is blood or drops, wipe gently with a cotton ball dipped in alcohol.
Injected once a week on the same day and time each week. Can be taken at any meal time.
May interact with some medicines, see package leaflet for more information.
|Country of manufacture
Store in the refrigerator after Semaglutide has been mixed with the water provided.